COVID-19 Special Message from the Sporting Detection Dogs Association
The board has been monitoring the progression of the COVID-19 virus and felt it timely to send out an announcement.
There are many notices out there about what you should and should not do to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Some of those are:
- Do not ask anyone to hold your dog, leash or collar.
- Do not ask anyone who does not live with you to record your run with your phone.
- If you feel unwell, don’t attend! I know it can be quite the investment to attend a trial but potentially getting others, possibly vulnerable people, sick should be the first priority.
- Keep your distance from others where possible.
- Minimize the number of people in the trial areas.
- Have lots of paper towels, soap and hand sanitizer available in the washrooms and around the event.
The message from our health officials is to try and slow the spread of this virus. Our healthcare systems can only handle so much and an extreme number of sick people all at once will overwhelm the system. Of course, remember it can and has been deadly for the elderly and vulnerable so be kind and thoughtful in all you do with the dog events.